Key skills & qualifications
- Extensive experience in handling airfreight and seafreight import shipments.
- Understanding of the shipping industry and the commercial buying process. Assisting and advising customers on improving their supply chain.
- Confidence in obtaining freight rates and determining optimum routings for customers shipments based on their criteria and parameters.
- Work pro-actively and with initiative to ensure the efficient movement of International shipments and total customer satisfaction.
Your role will include but not be limited to
- Quotation of airfreight and seafreight inbound shipment ensuring the most efficient routes/solutions to meet the customers expectations and to secure the bookings.
- Efficiently arrange and handle shipment from Origin to Destination working closely with our overseas offices and agents.
- Prepare and process all documentation, working closely with our In-house brokerage team.
- Track + Trace all shipments through to destination.
- Once shipment arrives in the US, arranging to recover and deliver the shipment to minimize delays and avoid unnecessary costs.
- Trouble shoot any service issues from vendors/suppliers.
- Accurately cost all files and raise invoices timely.
- Pro-active communication and first-class customer service are expected.
- Ensuring all parties from customers to agents are kept fully updated as to the status of their shipments at all time.
- A working knowledge of Word and Excel expected.
- Experience on Cargo Wise 1 a bonus
- Flexible aptitude and multi tasking required
- Ability to prioritize and balance work flow
- Competent in the import process, paperwork and Incoterms
- Ability to communicate clearly and troubleshoot where needed.
- A desire to exceed all service expectations and develop business relationships with customer.
Remuneration includes 401K + full matching/Medical/Dental.
8 days paid federal holidays plus 3 weeks vacation/plus 6 days sick time
Salary: $65,000 p/a
Bonuses paid twice a year, June and Dec. Generally, around $1000 – $2000 each based on performance.
To apply for this position you must be currently or recently employed by a Freight Forwarder
- Salary offer ▵ $65,000 GBP $65,000 Month
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Atlanta