The ideal candidate will ensure the smooth running of the Seafreight Imports operations team, supporting the team and delivering service excellence to assigned clients.
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Company profit sharing bonus
- Ensure service excellence standards are net and exceeded for all clients assigned to the role.
- Work seamlessly to support the work of the CSM team, ensuring all SOP’s are adhered to.
- Identify and deliver operational efficiencies and productivity gains in conjunction with the IT team, using and proposing digital solutions and partner with an outsource company to enhance the operation.
- Achieve job profitability targets as specified in the budget, deploying better buying and achieving revenue opportunities.
- Ensure that all invoicing, profits, WIP’s and accruals are complete in line with company policy.
- Implement all new business, providing the client with a great experience.
- Contribute to budgeting, reporting, planning and auditing as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Achieve monthly operational KPI’s as specified.
- Identify, address and resolve problems and highlight any opportunities to the Operations Manager.
- Develop positive partnerships with clients, agents and suppliers.
- Develop and mentor people to help them support their career aspirations.
- Provide full management and support to the teams, ensuring our people are happy and well motivated.
- Promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Ensure comprehensive cover for all absence within the team and when required, personally provide cover.
- Deliver full compliance to the company credit policy throughout the team in conjunction with the Finance team.
- At all times represent and act in the best interest of the company, the shareholders and the employees.
- Complete other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested
- Work in accordance with the company values to maintain a positive environment with all teams across all departments.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of client and operational requirements to ensure service excellence standards are met and exceeded.
- Have successfully managed an Import Seafreight team, developing people’s knowledge and career aspirations or keen to take the next step to management with the right support in place.
- Implemented efficient working practices
- Experience with Cargowise is desirable
- Manage, inspire and motivate the team with energy.
- Excellent people skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Competency in delivering operational excellence.
- KPI reporting on required operational standards
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a covering letter and CV to Aimee Fairburn at firstname.lastname@example.org