- Salary offer ▵ DOE
This role is responsible for processing import transactions, providing effective customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibility
- Receive, review and process import documentation from overseas offices/agents or customers.
- Handle bookings from overseas offices/agents and coordinate the move to destination.
- Interact with customers in arranging shipments, exceeding customer service expectations.
- Knowledge of transportation modes including air freight, LCL, FCL as well as domestic trucking.
- Understand agent/airline fees and pricing per client in order to process invoices accurately
- Follow company protocol for on-time billing.
- Update shipment statuses, issue arrival notices, and obtain customs entry documents. Communicate with customs brokers to process import shipments appropriately.
- Confirm cargo availability; arrange freight release or warehouse transfers with steamship lines/airlines.
- Monitoring pre-alerts from Emails and other operating system (ie: Master DSR/E-doc/X-Control etc) and opening up files as assigned.
- Helping the existing triple teams to coordinate with arrival notices and other documentation as deemed necessary,
- Calling up airlines and CFS for arrivals and availability of freight/customs releases etc.,
- Arranging deliveries per customer requirements and follow-ups;
- Monitoring ATAs /ATDs and reporting any discrepancies and delays to Manager/KAM team/Sales team;
- Working hand in hand within the Customer Service team & Break Bulk teams for a smooth operation.
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations. Meet compliance for all regulations; this includes internal policies and procedures such as SOP and external government regulations or customer’s policies / requirements.
- Update relevant reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Meet KPI standards, as per company procedures
- Overseas communication, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Perform any other related tasks as required or assigned by your manager
Education / Experience
- Must have a High School diploma, an Associate’s degree or higher is preferred.
- 1-2 years of freight forwarding experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Excel.
- Proactive attitude and strong time management skills.
- Extremely detailed oriented and well organized.
- Must be a team player, while also able to work independently.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a busy and fast paced environment; able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to learn about freight forwarding / supply chain industry.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD