- Salary Offer DOE
Import Operations Agent – Miami, FL
Our client is a multinational, dynamic freight logistics company with approximately 400 employees and growing, has international offices, as well as offices in key US cities. They have grown to more than 30 U.S. offices and 250 network locations in over 120 countries around the world.
The Operations Agent – Imports is experienced in both air and ocean transport. Responsibilities include all aspects of transportation, including communication with office/agent, customs, and the client. Ensures quality follow-up of import shipments; communicates thoroughly both internally and externally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare quotes for customers and agents using the Quotation system; negotiate rates with carriers; coordinate shipping arrangements.
• Coordinate and arrange shipping freight with our clients Overseas and US agents and partners.
• Handle all documents related to shipping freight, including: set up files for pre-alerts received, maintain customer updates, preparation of documents for Customs clearance, select and dispatch trucker, arrange delivery to customer, process payables and billing in our accounting system, check status on shipments, check PODs and charges, tracking cargo from origin to final destination, follow up shipments for final ETA date.
• Support and maintain the Quality System (ISO) by working closely with management, sales and/or operations to ensure goals and objectives are met with regard to the function(s) of this position.
• Ensure adherence to procedures for any issues of non-conformance that could or do directly affect the success of the Quality System.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
• Knowledge of freight forwarding with focus on air import operations.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook; freight forwarding software.
• Enthusiastic, positive, and internally driven with a sense of urgency and “whatever-it-takes” attitude.
• Commitment to excellent customer service, in support of both external and internal customers, utilizing effective communication and follow-up skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment at all levels of the organization, or work independently with little or no supervision, to achieve results.
• Effective interpersonal skills that result in loyal, long-term customer relationships.
• Practical problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work under time constraints using time management and organization skills, adjusting priorities based on workload or direction from customer or management.
Education and/ or Work Experience Requirements:
• 1-3 years’ experience in international logistics operations.
• 2 -3 years customer service experience.
• Minimum high school diploma or GED.
• Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the US.
• Medical-including Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Accounts
• Dental plan
• Life & AD&D
• Long Term Disability
• Company matching 401(k) and Roth K Plans
• Two weeks’ vacation, sick and personal time, floating holidays
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If you have the necessary skills and experience, then please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org