Are you known for your ability to coordinate customs clearance activities? Are you passionate about supervising the daily operations of imported / exported shipments? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to manage a department focused on providing excellent customer service through timely and accurate shipment processing, while maintaining compliance with government regulations and company policies.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Develop and provide excellent service to internal and external customers at all times. Ensure independent service commitments of CEVA import clients are met and that compliant declarations are made to U.S. Customs and related regulatory groups. Serve as interface with Customs and other Federal Agencies to ensure compliance with all pertinent laws and regulations.
- Review and reconcile all management and financial reports for department. Review profitability and growth of department regularly with operations. Work with operations to establish business plan and goals for department.
- Oversee computation of duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported/imported to and from foreign destinations. Supervise the preparation of U.S. Customs Documentation prepared on in-house systems of all assigned services staff; communicate with customs officials as appropriate to obtain release of incoming freight and resolve delays.
- Oversee pre-alerts daily to determine whether freight is arriving as expected, and documents are received within the time standards specified.
- Coordinate timely clearance and delivery of cargo based on company and customer service commitment standards; communicate with customers to ensure proper handling of goods, and keep customers advised of changes in regulations, tariff and bonding requirements.
- Examine documents to ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of products.
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service standards for customs clearance operations, and write procedures for the handling of each account.
- Oversee and monitor team performance – verify accuracy of tasks, provide training and conduct annual performance reviews, providing feedback for improvement.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain Management or an equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program preferred; Minimum four years related experience; Supervisory experience preferred.
- Credentials: Professional certification may be required in some areas; Knowledgeable in Export Administration, Department of Commerce, and Consularization regulations, Uniform Custom Practice 500 (UCP 500), and recordkeeping; Knowledge of NATA, Free Trade Agreements, CTPAT, additional tariff requirements, OGA’s, ACH, and all other related trade legislation, rules, and regulations.
- Skills: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Characteristics: Ability to apply and assist with communicating laws, rules, and regulations in areas of assignment; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and gather and analyze documents skillfully. Capable of monitoring overall processes, information and operations.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (how about sales or supply chain?) or find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.