Are you known for your attention to detail and excellent customer service? Are you passionate about identifying and processing efficient shipment logistics? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to provide a vital service for processing Inbound or Outbound shipments, with an emphasis on preparing, tracking and maintaining important documentation.
What are you going to do?
- Serve as single point of coordination between customers (internal and external), U.S. Customs and Border protection and other government agencies to ensure service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client and company objectives.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service by proactively informing clients of the status of their shipments using judgment and knowledge, referring more technical questions to the team leader or licensed broker for response.
- Receive, review and process documentation for an assigned base of accounts, and process documents through the system. Interface with other CEVA systems to provide updates and communications for internal and external customers to produce timely and compliant transactions.
- Obtain release and other government agency releases as appropriate, arranging receiving or delivery, and ensuring invoicing for services is completed accurately and within the timeframe consistent with the account and company policy.
- Process other duties required for compliant release and timely delivery and receipt of shipments after release including but not limited to OGA release, cargo delivery set-up, and client invoicing.
- Perform initial reviews and advise supervisor of any problems or irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Ensure customer profile information is entered and updated in the appropriate company system for any customers; prepares quotations, letters, and communications as directed.
- Manage pre-alerts daily to determine whether freight is arriving as expected and ocean documents are received within time standard specified.
What are we looking for?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree preferred; Minimum one to three years related experience.
- Credentials: Professional certification may be required in some areas.
- Skills: Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications; Accurate typing skills and/or data entry skills; Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of U.S. currency, weights and volume and distance measurements.
- Characteristics: Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Follows policies and procedures and ability to understand laws, rules and regulations in areas of assignment; Ability to gather and analyse documents skilfully.
What do we have to offer?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Laredo