Are you known for your attention to detail and excellent customer service? Are you passionate about overseeing and developing efficient shipment logistics for a wide range of varying accounts? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to provide a vital service for managing the coordination of Inbound or Outbound shipments, ensuring compliance with various government regulations.
What are you going to do?
- Oversee accounts – receive, review, and process complex or sensitive transactions for assigned base of accounts for all entry types, including the classification and valuation of goods. Process documents through the established system, obtaining release and other governmental agency releases as appropriate.
- Create and distribute written exception procedures for handling each account served by the team, including classifications, valuation rules, schedule of fees, correspondence, post entry process, and any other related information.
- Assists with overseeing the entry processing performance and existing customer service commitments to reflect established company databases and pre-load templates to reflect these procedures.
- Obtain certification for completing customer classification, as well as, other compliance specific classification as defined by company product standards.
- Assist and review work stream development of new and existing accounts, including reviewing all documentation and forms, maintaining communications with clients, reviewing their process on a regular basis, and maintaining client profiles and databases.
- Review and monitor all rejections, requests for information and other correspondence. Respond and assist with complex customer inquiries, including research and assistance with escalation on priority issues.
- Monitor shipments as they approach non-compliance based on customer control, event control, and transactional data count or control.
- Stay current of U.S. Customs regulations (Customs Brokers and the Customs clearance process); and classification and validation rules through self-study, approved related courses and seminars, and regular review of trade publications.
What are we looking for?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred; Greater than six years related experience.
- Credentials: Professional certification may be required in some areas.
- Skills: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications; Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of U.S. currency, weights and volume and distance measurements.
- Characteristics: Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs; Ability to apply and assist with communicating laws, rules, and regulations in areas of assignment; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and gather and analyse documents skilfully. Capable of monitoring overall processes, information and operations.
What do we have to offer?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Houston