- Salary Offer £27K
Sunday to Thursday (Monday to Thursday 13:00 -22:00) Sunday (06:00 – 15:00 hrs)
High degree of flexibility would be a plus.
Duties will include:
- General Imports and exports from start to finish
- Customs entries/ and clearances using E-Customs
- Completing Export and Import Customs Entries using correct procedures and CPCs
ensuring that re-export rules and CPCs are applied for export – import shipments
- Completing supplementary declarations within 14 days on all C21 export entries
- Sending export pre – alerts to destination offices as soon as flights have departed
- Liaising with Customers and Airlines, answering all telephone, email enquiries
- Liaising with Customs when required, to facilitate smooth clearances
- Liaise regularly with overseas offices, partners or agents, reporting any problems – off-loads, missing cargo, short shipments and responding to enquiries.
- Updating whizz (in-house system) with all delayed/missing bags and action taken.
- Invoicing of all jobs with duty and vat deferred to our DAN
- Tracing & Tracking Import & Export Airfreight Shipments
- Arranging Collections of Air Freight from Airlines/sheds
- Maintaining all log books by making sure that they are updated daily.
- Monitoring T1 & Customs referral cages and making sure that shipments are cleared in time.
- To escalate as appropriate, all queries, requests, complaints and problems in a timely manner.
The above duties are not an exhaustive list. You may be required to undertake additional duties as the needs of the business dictate
- Making sure that all customs entries are correctly processed in time using correct procedures and tariff codes.
- Making sure that all imports/exports are correctly declared, ensuring that nothing compromises our authorisations and permissions as an Authorised Economic Operator or Transit shed operator.
- Making sure that Pre-Alerts are sent as soon as flight departs.
- Making sure that all Log books are up to date. MoU Log, MoU Examination Log. Referral log book, Cargo Log, ETSF Drivers’ log book. OBC Daily Log book
- Matching up all Customs documentation in day files i.e. Route 6s, E2s, S8s etc.
- Making sure T1 and Customs referral shipments are processed timely and any issues are advised to Supervisor or in his absence, the Manager
- Dealing with telephone and email queries.
- Invoicing customers for all Customs duty & vat deferred to our DAN and collecting the money before delivery is effected.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Well organised and hardworking, able to prioritise in what is a varied role of handling Air Freight Imports and Exports shipments.
- Ability to use own initiative and improve the service we offer and deliver.
- Strong administrative skills and much organised.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are important for this role.
- A good understanding of import and export procedures and Experience in Customs formalities.
- A basic understanding of NES MoU regulations and reliefs
- Outgoing / friendly and willing to learn.
- Good numeric skills are required for the role.
- Must be familiar with computer software programs e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, E-Customs, CNS, CCS-UK interface etc.
- Self-motivated and able to work without much supervision
- Experienced team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Reliable and flexible
Knowledge or experience in the following areas is desirable:
- security training, such as Aviation Security, Dangerous goods, Break Bulk procedures,
- Airfreight imports and exports
- A basic understanding of accounting procedures and document flow.
- Experience in OPR/IPR, home use, end use, British Returns, CFSP, Temporary Imports/exports, warehousing and other customs procedures
- Excellent customer service skills.
Experience with E-Customs