DSV are recruiting for the role of Customs Clearance Operator, Import Customs/Central Verification, overseeing all International Import relating to European arrival in the UK including Customs system input processing.
Role will include
- Arranging and completing all associated paperwork, which documents the nature of the goods being imported or exported and that they are legal and legitimate.
- The role involves being able to manage deadlines and sometimes difficult situations, therefore an element of negotiation is required in order to be able to meet timescales.
- Helping to organise all shipments with our customers and their customers across the world, ensuring costs and documentation are as scheduled
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Customer Invoicing.
- Contact and organise services with our partners and suppliers.
- Keep database and online system updated.
- Dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Any other operations related duties.
Skills and experience required
- Knowledge of excise and other customs procedures codes is essential
- Experience working within logistics/import/export
- A good understanding of road and sea freight processes including customs entry creation
- Excellent organisational skills and be able to respond quickly and effectively to the business needs
What DSV can offer you
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- Be part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.