This Import Compliance Advisor will be responsible for compliance programs specific to the validation of Customs Powers of Attorney (POA), Importer Security Filing (ISF), US manifest requirements and other import compliance programs. They will Implement policies and procedures meant to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards. They will develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following
- Powers of Attorney Validation:
- Review and validate Customs Powers of Attorney (POAs), Carrier POAs and ISF Authorization Forms to ensure accuracy and compliance per Corporate standards and U.S. Customs and Border Protection regulations
- Implements policy and procedures meant to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards
- Ensures compliance with recordkeeping requirements
- Works with other Corporate teams, Global Forwarding offices and clients
- Other Compliance Related Tasks:
- Importer Security Filing (ISF) assistance and troubleshooting for the global network, prepares related reports, assists with penalty mitigation requests as required
- Assist global network with Manifest Compliance requirements and troubleshooting
- Provides analytical assessments and strategic recommendations to ensure compliance needs are fulfilled
- Performs internal audit reviews, identifies compliance problems, and works directly with department managers to resolve any compliance discrepancies
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1 year industry experience, preferably in Customs brokerage
- Ability to strategically assess a situation and problem solve as needed
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem management skills
- Strong communication skill (written and verbal)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.