- Salary Offer £30,000
About the Company
The John Good Group is one of the UK’s leading independent family owned shipping, logistics and corporate travel providers. A key player in the shipping and travel industries since 1833, John Good is the third-party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider of choice to the SME sector. The John Good family remains actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has recently been ranked 16 out of 200 of the highest performing private companies based on international growth in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
A position based in Hull and a further position at Felixstowe office
About the Role
Working within the freight forwarding division of 3PL provider John Good Logistics, as part of a team dealing predominantly with Import shipments to UK from across the world, predominantly Far East, India, Turkey, Europe.
• Carry out booking procedures accurately, with a ‘right first time’ attitude, to ensure customers receive a high-quality service.
• Handling of Import processes and have confidence to offer guidance to clients accordingly.
• Where appropriate, collect payment from clients without credit terms in place.
• Obtaining, checking, and preparing documentation to meet customs requirements
• Previous experience within an Import Forwarding role, preferably including Customs experience.
• IT literacy with a good working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office.
• Adaptable to new working practices and embracing of Company Operating Systems and procedures.
• Confident communicator with good organisational skills
• Experience of Cargowise One (CW1) preferred
• Company Pension Scheme
• 25 days Holiday excluding Bank Holidays
• Excellent remuneration
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-2