- Salary Offer £25-£30K depending on experience
The focus of the job entails that objectives are established for the storage and/or distribution of products to maintain product safety, quality and legality in accordance with the quality policy of the BRC Standard.
- To arrange the importation of cargo by air, and ocean
- Liaise with Airlines
- Liaise with HMRC, Port & Plant Health and other government bodies
- Organise import clearances, and correct documentation relating to the movement of cargo
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Liaise with overseas offices, partners and agents
- Strong Administration skills
- To sort, filter and distribute documentation, and create and maintain job files in an accurate and timely
- Retrieval of documents from airlines
- Dealing with any DUTY reclaims
- Invoicing and charging files
In conjunction with section 1.2 of the BRC quality standard.
- Adhering to food hygiene relevant to their roles Adhering to the Food Safety Plan for the site.
- Operating hygienically
- Reporting any problems relating to food safety or a failure in control measures Complying with the law.
- Working in accordance with any training or instruction given.
- Following any food safety rules established for the protection of the supply chain. Making use of any food safety or protective equipment or devices supplied.
we are in particular in search of an individual with proven in-time experience of doing the entries. Our imports clerks do an average of 30-40 entries per day – thus completion of the SAD 88. They work individually and not as teams. Needless to say – they don’t have somebody behind them telling them what they are to do. They must have an intimate knowledge of the clearance process and experience in applying it to the SAD 88 / entries – it is on a 4 on 4 off roster pattern 07:00-19:0.