- Salary offer ▵ Between £30k - £40k (DOE)
We are looking for an import Air freight clerk, this is for our general cargo department, Experience in all aspects of Air import is essential as is a wide range of knowledge in customs procedures and customs compliance. We currently have 2 experienced people on Air imports handling their own accounts but supporting each other the 3rd person would be much the same.
- 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday or as the job demands.
Generally, out-of-Hours and weekend work is not commonplace but may come up from time to time, having said that post holder may be expected to monitor from home or update overseas partners outside of working hours.
We use the following software packages
Boxtop and Sequoia. Candidate will be based at our premises in Feltham.
Most jobs are handled by the same person completely form start to finish including
- Preparing quotes
- Liaising with overseas partners
- Creating job file on Boxtop
- Liaise with customer for clearance instructions
- Complete customs clearance
- Update the customer throughout the process
- Organise and arrange airline collection and delivery
- Cost and invoice and arrange payment where necessary
- Converse with shipping lines/agents and hauliers to ensure smooth start to finish process
- Recognise/resolve and report discrepancies
- Ensure customs compliance