- “We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
“Expeditors Operations agents are the foundation of our world class services. You’ll learn our systems, work with customers, and learn to navigate the Expeditors global network as part of a team whose goal is to deliver superior service to our customers. Expeditors promotes from within and we are looking for people willing to kick start their careers and work towards being the next generation of leaders within our organization.”
Scope of Position: Business Professional who has the drive and determination to learn our business, his or her responsibilities, and the pride it takes to do a superior job day in and day out.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully understand the role of the position, and be disciplined in following the training provided and managing the workflow
- Be resolute in performing the tasks daily that our clients rely on us to complete timely and accurately.
- Follow written SOPs without fail or exception
- Fully understand and properly monitor all operational aspects of the Import department. This includes meeting internal GBO metrics, external customer KPIs, and operational process standards
- Set the standard for outstanding customer service and ensure that all client expectations are met according to the KPIs outlined in customer Standard Operating Procedures
- Innovate and embrace a culture of constant improvement
- Be creative, come up with better and more productive ways to manage your desk and relay your ideas and thoughts to you supervisor.
- Collaborate with origin offices and gateway staff to ensure service exceeds client expectations
- Promote collaboration by identifying and understanding of the goals and needs of your team
- Develop industry and cross-functional product knowledge where necessary
- Utilize soft skills to enhance the internal/external customer service experience
- Eliminate waste and add value through effective time management
- Meet company standards of 52 hours of training per year per employee
- Minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn and understanding at a high level the import processes and regulations as well as how import freight transportation moves.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills
- Positive Can-Do Attitude
- Efficient in Excel, Word, and Microsoft outlook at a minimum
- Fluent in English
Education and Experience:
- 2+ year experience with Expeditors and/or 2+ years experience managing information from multiple data sources.
- Experience dealing with service providers via telephone and/or email.