The Import Agent is responsible for “breaking apart” consolidated freight shipments imported into the US via ocean or air carriers. The Import Agent is engaged in the preparation of files, distribution of documents, collection of funds associated with the breakdown (break bulk) of import consolidations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficient “break down” of consolidated freight shipments imported into the US – Compiling master airway bills and breaking down consolidation into house airway bills . Verify system generated information with actual documents and ensure accuracy.
- Maintain files: enter file data, including but not limited to — opening the file, entering and updating online system with applicable data elements, billing the file, issuing applicable forms and documents, and closing the file
- Communicate clearly, timely and effectively with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors – notify arrival of shipments, distribute documentation, track movement of shipment from origin to destination which may involve arranging release and delivery at destination according to customer requirements, proactively communicate status of shipments and process “exceptions” (shipments on delayed flights, split shipments etc )
- Handle accounting processes as they apply to the break bulk department – prints invoices for HAWB amends incorrect air freight rates, transfer fees; revises prepaid/collect charges , files claims in case of damaged goods .
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma and or GED plus one year of experience in an import department of a freight forwarder or customhouse broker.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Grapevine