Reporting to one of the Hub Shift Managers your role is to work as a part of the Operations team and ensure that drivers, vehicles and their associated documentation are properly and efficiently administered ensuring that they are briefed and de-briefed on their duties taking into account operational need, safety and customer requirements. This is a 4 days on 4 days off role.
- Brief and debrief KN, subcontracted and visiting drivers.
- Issue paperwork to drivers.
- Sense checking paperwork, producing or retrieving further paperwork as required.
- Trouble shoot issues, making key decisions as required, or liaise with appropriate department if available.
- Record comments and issues against individual jobs, transport runs and controlled spreadsheets.
- Communicate with various parts of the business to pass on info or retrieve answers.
- Retrieve paperwork from drivers, sorting and filing as required.
- Produce Transport run paperwork as required.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Good communication and IT skills.
- Flexible person covering jobs in the operation as necessary.
- Team player.
- Ability to commute to EMG.
- Good written and verbal communication style with a team ethic and customer focused attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise and remain calm under pressure.
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team