Responsible for providing administrative support and coordination for HR and employment related activities under the direction of the Country HR Management Team. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the recruitment and staffing functions; and provides core customer service and administrative support to managers and employees with general human resources, benefits, employment and payroll questions.
• Coordinates and schedules employment interviews for exempt and non-exempt candidates.
• Processes and tracks job requisitions including entering requisitions into the recruiting system and tracking candidates.
• Initiates job orders and schedules candidates to fill “temporary” job vacancies.
• Serves as the primary contact with employment agencies to establish, facilitate and manage the vendor relationship to ensure quality candidates and timely service.
• Reviews, verifies and processes all new hire paperwork for accuracy and completeness, including coordinating and verifying benefits enrollment information with candidates.
• Assists with “on-boarding” new hires.
• Prepares and processes termination paperwork.
• Coordinates the processing of hours into the payroll system.
• Tracks and maintains time-off requests.
• Assists in the administration and processing of worker’s comp claims.
• Maintains EEO logs and facilitates timely processing of related reports.
• Tracks turnover and prepares reports for distribution to managers.
• Responds to phone inquiries, emails and correspondence and assist station management with various projects.
• Runs reports, tracks activity and drives completion for learning and development, performance management and compliance programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• High School Degree or GED required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Minimum two years related experience in Human Resources, Benefits or Payroll administration.
Languages and Communication Skills
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex procedures or regulations and write correspondence and procedural documents.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
• PC literate.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific related software applications.
• Previous experience with SuccessFactors HRIS is a plus.
• Proven track record of superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
• A career-driven individual with the ability and desire to relocate for future CEVA opportunities is highly preferred.
• Extremely high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and working effectively under pressure.
• Ability to manage complex or emotional situations promptly and professionally meeting commitments for service and assistance.
• Ability to analyze complex problems and develop alternative solutions.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of U.S. currency, weight, volume and distance measurements.