Logistics done differently.
We’ve been very busy at our M&S in Milton Keynes implementing a brand-new site – but we are ready to launch phase 2 and this is where we need you! If you’re an experienced HR Advisor with solid knowledge who can hit the ground running, and you like the idea of working in a complex, fast-paced logistics operation then this role could be the job for you.
We are recruiting for an HR Advisor to join us on a maternity cover basis, playing a key role at the site in all things human resources. You will work on a Monday to Friday basis, but we do ask you to be flexible in your approach as you will be expected to cover the night shift once every four weeks.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £32,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Working alongside a small team, you will act as the first point of contact for all colleague HR queries
- Get involved in employee relations activity, such as grievances, disciplinary processes and absence management
- Drive engagement and a positive working culture across the site, coming up with new ideas to make XPO the employer of choice in Milton Keynes
- Carry out the reporting and tracking of data with the aim of identifying trends and patterns
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Proven experience in a similar HR role (a CIPD would be desirable, but your experience is more valuable to us)
- Excellent knowledge of HR policies/procedures and ER case management
- The ability to work well under pressure, juggling multiple tasks and deadlines
- A real get up and go attitude – HR comes with its challenges and we are looking for someone who can face these head on
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.