Logistics done differently
Are you looking for Permanent work, not just a job for Christmas?
Are you currently wondering where your next shift will come from? Perhaps you are a newly qualified Class 2 Driver who is looking to start your driving career? Maybe you just want to join a world-leading progressive company, widening your opportunities to build a new career. Whatever your reasons, we have a role for you! We’re looking for full-time, permanent Class 2 Day Drivers to join us at our site in Crick. Your journey may start off in a Wagon, but a whole new career could be in front of you from Management, Sales, Warehousing, and more, it just takes the first step!
Pay, benefits and more
As a Driver, you’ll be working on our day routes, delivering between sites in our network and customer sites. You’ll be working a minimum of 40 hours (plus overtime) per week on the Monday to Friday day shift. In return for your hard work, we’ll offer you a competitive salary of £29,787 OTE inc allowances. You’ll also have access to a variety of high street discounts, a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, holiday pay, and many other perks as well as ongoing CPC training. We also have the XPO University offering relevant courses to your career progression as well as apprenticeships, giving you to navigate your future logistics career with XPO.
What you’ll do on a typical day
- You will be working Monday to Friday with weekends off!
- These positions are Permanent, not just for Christmas
- Newly qualified drivers will be considered for all of our positions and appropriate training put in place to help you develop your driving career
- Delivering between customer sites and making collections when required
- Safely operate your vehicle adhering to XPO standards
- Safe use of tail lift and pallet trucks for sites where no FLT is available
What you need to succeed at XPO
- We’ll need you to have a full UK driving licence (with C entitlement),
- ADR qualifications would be advantageous for this role
- You’ll have no more than six penalty points on your licence and no DD, DR, IN, or CD endorsements.
- A valid CPC and Digital Tacho card
- Excellent knowledge of the UK road network
Be part of something big
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.