- Salary offer ▵ £65k plus £5k car allowance
Job Title: Head of UK Customs Compliance
Location: London Heathrow
Salary: £65k plus £5k car allowance
Benefits: Private Medical Scheme – 6% pension contributions – 25 days holiday + bank holidays – up to 30 days (1 additional day each year of service) – Death in Service 3 x
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:30
NB we have been retained to find candidates for this role – you need to apply directly to be considered for the role
Reports directly to Managing Director
Senior Management role
Skills & Qualifications:
- Customs procedures and customs regulations.
- High organisational skills and ability to manage many projects at the same time.
- Must have analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Working as part of a team.
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets.
An opportunity for a Head of UK Customs Compliance has become available based at our client’s London Heathrow office.
The Group is a recognised player in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation Industry that also specialises in Supply Chain and Logistics Solutions. With 70 years of history, the company has established best-practice standards in ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
This is a senior management role; the successful candidate is responsible for all customs compliance activities including compliance and customs regulations and will become the go-to customs / compliance contact in the company.
Although a global player with some serious finances and clout, this is still a family-run company where people are treated as people not numbers, and are considered for their value as part of that employee family.
You will be the ultimate manager of the Compliance team, but this team is autonomous in that they have experts at their head and you will liaise with them. You will also be expected to support the commercial team with guidance on best practise compliance, so that they can submit the most accurate and achievable proposals, but you will not be expected to be commercial.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Managing Director with the development of compliance strategies to execute the vision of the company to become more competitive
- Maintain an overview of current international rules
- Maintain excellent interdepartmental networks and relationships
- Lead, direct and provide guidance to team members
- Line Manage staff as necessary
- Oversee sales strategies from a compliance perspective to ensure the sales teams are knowledgeable on customs and compliance to promote realistic contracts
- On a monthly basis provide information to the Senior Management Team
NB we have been retained to find candidates for this role – you need to apply to Matt (email@example.com) directly to be considered for the role or apply via the job board.