Are you known for your leadership skills and operational oversight? Are you passionate about providing quality service, customer satisfaction, and operational proficiencies that ensures growth and profitability goals, and that objectives are met? If so, we have an opportunity for you to shine and show your skills as a Ground Transportation Manager!
What are you going to do?
- Lead, direct and manage all station functions to ensure that all departments and station staff execute service agreements at, or above the customer’s standards.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communications, and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer.
- Responsible for business development, sales and marketing and new account development to ensure that maximum transportation revenue is generated for the station.
- Provide managers with daily guidance, leadership and overall support on any issues relating to operations, communication, human resources, revenue enhancement, standardizing procedures, systems applications, and executing processes to meet customer needs.
- Develop and execute policies, plans, and programs to meet anticipated organizational needs in the areas of functional responsibility and ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines, ISO standards, Sarbanes Oxley and other regulatory requirements.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated business development goals and objectives.
- Review and evaluate station P & L performance and establish short term goals to address any budgetary shortfalls.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop continuous improvement methodology in key areas of service profit and growth and use key performance indicators to drive and quantify cost optimization while maintaining customer quality and service.
- Consult with and apprise senior management of important issues, operational concerns, personnel matters, capital expenditures, leases, and all commitments obligating the company.
- Ensure that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure that the station facility provides a clean, professional, and safe working environment for all employees.
- Direct and train management staff in sound human relations and operational skills.
- Ensure directives, rules and procedures are communicated to all station personnel.
- Ensure safety methods and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of all staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities though training, and quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies of the company.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as needed.
What are we looking for?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED, Minimum five years related experience. Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline preferred four years of industry experience preferred.
- Skills: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Characteristics: Ability to allocate work assignments; Proven experience in problem analysis, presentation of alternatives and implementing solutions; Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, and vendors.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of the department, of which includes purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting, and monitoring expenses.
What do we have to offer?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car, and hospitality brand.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together. It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Odenton