Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Strategic and Tactical Leader. Creates and supports global personnel management strategy with cross-functional alignment within Global Onsite team, and Expeditors. This role coordinates and leads the administrative activities (budgeting, personnel administration, training and contract administration) of each region, (APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and AMER) according to Expeditors and Client guidance. Responsible for the alignment, administration, training, and development of the Onsite Program. This requires a dynamic individual with a background in logistics and people operations. Provide leadership, management of hiring, recruiting, contractual requirements, and mentoring. Continually evolve the global operations to meet Client’s and Expeditors evolving needs. Receives direction from Global Onsite Managers, and GAM to ensure operations run according to planned strategy.
● Report into Senior Program Manager, GAM
● Direct reports include all Regional Ops Onsite Managers (Singapore, San Francisco and Dublin currently)
● Senior Program Manager, GAM
● Regional Onsite Managers in SVL, DUB and SIN
● Global Onsite Product Managers
● Regional Expeditors Account Management team
● Expeditors Branches where we have onsite operations
● Recruiting, Retention, Development and active management of all onsite personnel globally. Ensure that all onsite personnel are qualified, hired, and trained to meet Google’s mission.
● Act as the global contracts administrator. Organize, manage, and drive global and regional contract facilitation as needed.
● Ensure regional operation managers are aligned and achieving global strategy and objectives and driving best practices in Human Resources and Employee Relations into the global operation.
● Ensure team is fully staffed and all open requirements are filled.
● Assist the global product managers in ensuring adequate operational coverage in all operations areas. Evaluate if human resource risk to operations exists. Make recommendations to leadership on new courses of action.
● Develop a global personnel training plan that is executed consistently and at the regional level
● Support Product Leaders in meeting required OKRs/Initiatives.
● Develop and train Regional Ops managers in best practices of project management, employee relations, human relations, compliance, supply chain, and logistics.
● Strategic and tactical program management
● Risk Mitigation in all projects and areas of responsibility
● Execute onsite Budget and Billing process globally
● Facilitate management and negotiation of onsite contracts.
● Proactively come up with innovative ways to develop this onsite program and create measurable ways to show value to Client.
● Pay, administrative, and personnel management oversight including overtime and expense management.
● Annual onsite resource planning and budget preparation.
● Manage the Regional Operations Managers and make sure the team processes on time all the customer requests
● Maintain an active recruiting, retention, and training program that delivers superior personnel into Client’s operations.
● Ensure streamlined communication between Regional Operations Managers and Global Onsite Managers, and stakeholder branches on all activities
● Making sure all the processes are documented, updated and properly communicated
● Look for improvement opportunities in all regional services processes
● Make sure there is a 24 hours culture in the team (handover and dialogues between zones)
● Personnel and training plans
● Track and manage all onsite contracts
● Find ways to reinforce Expeditors culture onsite
Inputs: Customer Requirements, Global Plans
Outputs: Metrics, Regional Newsletters and Public Relations, Training Plans
● Demonstrated organizational leadership and operations management experience. Minimum 5 years of people management experience. Preferably, that experience was or spanned multiple regions/sites.
● 5+ Years’ experience planning, executing, and managing a budget.
● 3+ Years in customer service, sales, or account management.
● 3+ Years of business experience in international business preferred.
● Strong background in HR/ER related Leadership principles and tools.
● Strong background in contract administration
● Strong technical skills and a good communicator.
● Knowledge of air, road, ocean transport and supply chain principles.
● Proficient in reporting and data analysis
● Effective interpersonal skills, including proven ability to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
● Pro-active, strong organizational skills
● Acute sense of urgency
● Proficient in Google Workspace, Word, Excel, email and various PC based software
● Proficient in understanding compliance risks in operating logistics operations for the customer.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.