Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal/external and customers.
- Sense of urgency is critical.
- Must maintain positive attitude within the workplace and drive improvement professionally and personally.
- Effective interpersonal skills – ability to relate to internal peers at different levels as well as external customers and vendors. Be a team player.
- Ability to work without constant supervision – self-motivation and attention to detail required. Assuming the role of a leader and taking charge of situations is also encouraged.
- Process Air Export Gateway consolidations by working closely with immediate counterparts in the origin air export departments in the region. A summary of the process would be receiving cargo (if from another origin), plan or book the cargo, process consolidation paperwork, transfer to carrier, track and trace until arrival.
- Maintaining positive vendor relations.
- Constant communication with the warehouse staff during the consolidation process. Ensure quality and compliance to protect the network.
- Dispatching and overseeing all airport transfers and pickups with local trucking vendors.
- On-going commitment to quality and data integrity. Responsible for daily updating and monitoring of various reporting tools “Gateway Workflow” & “Transportation Management”
- Detailed attention to accounting to ensure we are paying our bills timely and correctly.
- Responsible for the management of our capacity through posted consolidation schedules and in booking additional space as needed.
- Required 52 hours of training per year.
- Constant self-development via Personal Development plan
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify trouble areas within the process & work with team to make improvements to process.
- Trend and analyse data to drive improvements.
- Foster and improve our Service Provider partnerships and relationships.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
A. Knowledge: 12 to 36 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hazardous Materials certification desirable,
B. Skills: Effective interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to internal peers at different levels as well as external customers and vendors. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Familiar with standard email programs.
C. Abilities: Ability to work without constant supervision within a fast paced work environment. Self-motivation and attention to detail required. Assuming the role of a leader and taking charge of situations is also desired.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Farmingdale