The Global Key Account Director will be responsible for successful engagement with a global strategic customer (Global Key Account) through collaboration and support with the Global Headquarters (GHQ), Operating Company’s (Opco’s) and Yusen Logistics Americas (YLA) in achieving profitable growth with the customer in line with the Account Development Plan (ADP). In addition to the focus on growth the Account Director will work on collecting, analyzing, and applying Insights from the Global Key Account stakeholders to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of their supply chain. The candidate should be comfortable building internal relationships and fostering a culture of collaboration across all areas within Yusen Logistics globally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execution of the account strategy including drafting the Account Development Plan, relationship matrix, a list of prioritized opportunities, investments, and profit & loss projections compared to budget.
- Provide leadership and direction over all business development activities including lead prospecting, qualifying, developing, winning, and onboarding new business opportunities in line with the ADP.
- Drive and act as a focal point for the collection, analysis, and application of insight related to the business of the Global Key Account and its industry vertical to align with supply chain/logistics industry specific trends and best practices.
- Act as a single point of contact for the Global Key Account to maximize customer satisfaction and retain the customer. Enable quick decision-making and problem resolution for the Global Key Account’s business across the organization globally.
- Provide leadership in a matrixed environment across the Yusen Logistics global network including oversight of a multi-functional Virtual Account team of Business Development and Business Unit members to achieve the objectives in the ADP while ensuring all stakeholders are engaged and effective with their execution.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, ideally in Supply Chain/Logistics or Sales/Marketing.
- Min 5+ years of senior management experience within logistics, ideally within business development and key account management with P&L responsibility.
- Excellent knowledge of the logistics industry.
- Proven strength and experience in strategy, budgeting, and execution.
- Ability to detect and understand trends in customers’ business and industry.
- Proven ability to collaboratively design and sell large-scale solutions, adding value to the customers’ business and profit for Yusen.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships within the C-level of the customer’s organization based on trust, insight, and quality.
- Deep understanding of sales in multinational and multicultural global business environments.
- Fluent English proficiency is mandatory.
- Proven track record in multicultural people management, including the ability to functionally manage a diverse virtual team.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Secaucus