An exciting new General Manager opportunity at DX!
All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We love team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX Freight provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We’ll give you all the responsibility you need to develop yourself as an adaptable leader; with plenty of challenges to keep your career growing. If you want to develop your career, DX will provide the training and the opportunities! In addition, you will work with passionate and supportive people who are focused on meeting the DX Delivered Exactly promise.
Reporting to the Regional Director this role is to lead and manage all aspects of the service centre operation for the DX products ensuring achievement of budgeted and/or targeted service, cost and quality performance, and supporting budgeted revenue achievement. They are responsible and accountable for the effective management of all employed colleagues, third party subcontractors and owner drivers. Manage the premises, equipment and consumables, ensuring the most cost effective and high quality performance is delivered. The role is to drive and lead the change process to deliver a fully integrated service centre operation in line with DX plans and projects.
- Evident line management experience in production/logistics/mail/ parcels services environment to at least the same level of responsibility.
- Experience of managing budgets, profit and loss accounts
- Have the ability and the track record to seek improvements without having to be prompted.
- Ability to identify problems and design deployable solutions.
- Proven record of successful Customer interface and supplier management.
- Ability to manage commercial relationships with customers and suppliers through the maintenance of service/product processes to deliver excellent customer service; promoting organic growth and reducing customer attrition.
Essential criteria for this role
- Previous experience in the logistics or distribution industry
Additional information on this role
If you have previous experience of managing teams in fast-paced distribution environments and have the ambition to develop your leadership skills, then we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!