Directs and coordinates activities of and for the organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing duties personally or through subordinate managers. This position is located in various locations.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, budgets and developing long-range strategies, goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs (full P&L responsibility), operations, WM systems, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with executive management staff to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Analyses department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made. Allocates operating budget. Approves all capital purchases.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Actively participates and in some occasions leads the implementation of new customers to include but not limited to; determining rate schedule, negotiating Level of Service agreement, identifying Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Actively participates and in some occasions leads the contract negotiations with current customers.
- Oversees all warehouse equipment purchases. Participates in equipment selection. Budgets and negotiates purchase and leasing contracts.
- Establishes operational procedures for timely and accurate activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Creates an atmosphere that promotes employee involvement. Communicates regularly with all employees.
- Conducts performance evaluations and recommends promotion, wage increases and other performance related actions such as verbal and written counseling notices, discipline, and termination of employment.
- Establishes and frequently reviews developmental action plans that promote positive growth for the individual and strengthens succession planning initiatives.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining the customer relationship. Frequently interacts with customer to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements and requests.
- Responsible for providing a safe and secure work environment where safety of the warehouse staff is the primary focus.
- Strong communication and follow skills that maximize the effectiveness of our enabling services (e.g. Information Systems, Human Resources, Accounting, etc.)
- Responsible for the direction of an exempt staff who will supervise a mixture of company hourly employees and temporary hourly associates. Provides the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university highly preferred; seven years related experience at management level, in logistics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyse data and information.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USA
- Job town/city ▵ Indianapolis