Rhenus Logistics has a long standing reputation in the Automotive sector, whether this is in contract-logistics, production line assemblies and part distribution programs. Full Vehicle Logistics division has been set up to handle the movement of finished vehicles via Air/Sea and Road services. The FVL operator will be involved in providing pricing and forwarding so- lutions to move vehicles worldwide whether this is a standard specification vehicle or a high-end vehicle for one of the prestige motor-vehicle brands. The FVL Operator will work to a high level of detail ensuring that all shipments are executed perfectly, working with key suppliers to monitor and track the dispatch of vehicles from door-door or port as required. Ensuring all documentation, customs and insurance requirements are fully met on each dispatch. The FVL Operator will demonstrate a high level of attention to detail with the ability to pass on clear operational requirements. The FVL Operators must be able to develop relationships at all levels.
· Receiving enquiries and providing rate and service solutions to move vehicles via Air/Sea or Road.
· Organising transportation to collect, ship and deliver vehicles (Domestic or International movements)
· Completing all necessary documentation to support the movements – Air-waybill, Bill of Lading or Road docket.
· Completing Dangerous goods documentation (Training provided)
· Providing Marine Insurance services including certificate.
· Completing Customs declarations via self or though sub-contractors as required.
· Shipment tracking and providing updates to all stakeholders.
· Engaging with the Rhenus Group or specialized partners to organize local customs clearance and transportation.
· Rate maintenance of existing carrier contracts, customer pricing.
· Compiling reports for Customers including photographic reports.
· Providing inspection services at Airport/Ports in the UK for any sensitive vehicle movements.
· Completing the financials on all files (sales invoices, purchase invoices and accruals)
· Supporting the FVL Manager with Month end and duties ensuring all files are captured in the right period and reflect the expected sales and gross margin revenues.
Carrier (Supplier) negotiations.
Skills & Experience Required
· Experience working in the automotive sector
· Freight-Forwarding experience in Air and Ocean services
· Customs brokerage / processes
· Dangerous Goods
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £0.00 per year
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place