- Salary Offer £20,000 to £24,000
French/English transport Planner Required in Manchester.
IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK, READ AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AND FRENCH FLUENTLY.
I am working a with a well known road transport company based in Manchester who are looking to recruit a Transport Planner who can speak and write both French and English.
France is their main market and they mainly handle export loads from the UK to France and import loads from France to the UK, although they also provide services to other European countries.
- Customer liaison / customer services: updating customers on collection and deliveries dates, taking orders, answering queries from existing customers and potential new customers (trailer availability, transit time, services etc)
- Quoting customers & following up on quotes, including negotiating rates in order to convert into bookings and sales.
- Liaising with network of hauliers, sourcing trailer capacity, negotiating rates and organising transport operations by road as per customer’s requirements
- Monitoring collections and deliveries, ensuring that the order goes smoothly from collection to delivery, solving problems, updating and reporting back to customers delivering a faultless customer service.
- Booking in collections and deliveries
- Admin relating to each transport: making sure costings and info on file/on freight software is accurate before file is passed to invoicing department
- Salary up to 24K
- Working hours: 08h30 – 17h30, with an hour lunch break
- 25 days holidays per calendar year plus bank holidays
- car parking space
- Total Years Experience 0-2