Headford Growth are currently working with a leading forwarder, They have an immediate requirement for an Freight Sales Executive to join their organisation. You will be based at their Birmingham offices and further details of this fantastic opportunity below.
Role: Freight Sales Executive
Full time position
- Preparing quotations and contracts for potential customers (incl. rate proposals and proposal writing) and distribute to customers (to be trained on quote shop). Quote follow up is also essential.
- Lead generation – generating leads and appointments
- New business development .
- Be responsible for your own portfolio of customers
- Assisting with uploading rates into rate calculator.
- Foster positive relationships with other individuals and departments such as, Air/Ocean Product Management, Branch Operations, Customer Experience, Finance, at all levels.
- Work closely with local branch sales to strengthen the overall Sales team effort.
- Identifies opportunity within the market
- Initiates, builds and maintains effective relationships with customers
- Develops and delivers high quality and innovative solutions
- Inspires customers and gains their commitment
- Gains organisational alignment and support for customer needs
- Works in a high performance environment to help drive results
- Positively influences the local branch and sales teams to collaborate effectively
- Understands and delivers against clear, challenging and achievable objectives
- Self-motivates and accepts responsibility for own success
- Target oriented, not easily distracted with a single purpose vision
- Conveys a clear sense of personal goals and values
- Actively seeks feedback to improve performance
- Ideally 2-3 years minimum in the shipping, freight forwarding and logistics industry.
- Operational knowledge of Air and Ocean freight would be beneficial.
- A good communicator with commercial sense and understanding.
- Total Years Experience 3-5