If you are a current DSV employee and interested in a position in another country, please contact your manager and Human Resources representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
To meet and exceed customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo from A to B, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements. Maintain total operational control to ensure SLA / SOP’s are adhered to.
- Pro Active communication with Customer / Internal Customer Service Teams. Liaise with DSV offices / agents in Ireland and overseas.
- Book and engage Hauliers for international transport requirements.
- Negotiating rates as and when required. Book trailers / drivers with shipping lines through various online platforms.
- Preparation of documentation associated with all aspects of the transport function.
- Perform general administration duties, including invoicing, filing, queries, claims and cost checks in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Maintain regular visibility of all transports under your control.
- Be pro-active in managing and dealing with problems and day to day queries.
- Ensure revenue / profit guidelines are met in accordance with budgetary requirements.
- Be proficient and accurate issuing quotations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills. Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in freight forwarding environment essential.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.