Established in 1970, Montgomery Transport Group is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of logistical services. The company is a privately owned business, part of the Ballyvesey Holdings Group that has grown significantly in recent years, now providing a diverse range of Logistics Services throughout the United Kingdom, Ireland and Europe.
Montgomery Freight Management offers a pan-global supply chain solution encompassing air, road and sea freight through our worldwide network to provide a seamless product offering for all customers’ logistics requirements.
We are delighted to announce that due to expansion we are recruiting for a Senior Freight Forwarder to join the business at a time of significant growth and investment. This position will be based out of any of our depots in Preston, Rugby, Leeds or Belfast depending on the location of the applicant.
Daily Duties Will Include
· Price, quote, negotiate and organising freight movements with a vast contact base of sub-contractors.
· Ensure solid cost control through the arrangement of transport solutions at the low rate, without compromising upon quality
· Timely complete and respond to all customer queries surrounding transport solutions.
· Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods, transit times, or security needs.
· Complete shipping documentation, such as bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, certificates of origin and customs clearance (via agents)
· Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping
· Senior Freight forwarding experience of at least 3 years
· Excellent knowledge of the freight and transport industry
· Established relationship with hauliers and trade lanes.
· Excellent communication skills
Montgomery Transport Group is an equal opportunities employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Remote interview process
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place