DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
The primary duty of an Ocean Import/Export Agent is to review and process air shipment transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Serves as the primary contact for all parties concerning assigned account contracts. Performs all duties correctly, cost-efficiently, and according to Company standards using the regular exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Promote positive relationships by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties while monitoring the quality of service produced by the team. Establish detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent import and export processes.
- Receive, review and process high-volume and/or complex import and export transactions for clients, including booking, billing, classifications, processing data through the Company’s system and obtaining consular releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate
- Check shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
- Process bills of lading and provide clear instructions to the team for handling each shipment.
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Air Transport Association, Code of Federal Regulations.
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, selecting transportation companies to use and setting profit margins for individual shipments.
- Review and monitor all Shipper Export Declaration rejections, requests for information from client and any government agency as well as other correspondence.
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations, communicating changes in domestic and foreign regulation procedures to client, co-workers and third parties in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Identify, investigate and resolve all areas of client concern in a timely and proactive manner by monitoring team performance against Company and client standards. Alert client to special areas of concern or potential problems in the shipping process.
Job skills & specifications
- Past customer service experience is required, as work entails extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the air import/export process.
- Knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries and major cities.
- Above average written communication skills to compose complex letters regarding issues and resolutions. Must have the ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports along with the ability to organize, prepare and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- Excellent analytical skills to recognize, circumvent and resolve problem situations.
- Math skills to be able to provide timely estimates to customers, along with knowledge of formulas with regard to converting both currency and dimensions.
- The ability to analyse complex details to resolve complex shipping issues for the client.
- The ability to use Company-standard software for word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel) etc. in order to generate reports, charts and graphs as applicable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Miami