If you are a current DSV employee and interested in a position in another country, please contact your manager and Human Resources representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the coordination of Sea Import shipments such as, opening import files, production of internal documentation, updating import statuses, assisting and advising customers of Arrival, arranging deliveries, processing invoices (including price conversions and verifying shipment weight and volume), dealing with e-mail queries from DSV Overseas offices as well as ensuring that excellent standard of data accuracy are maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adhere to DSV policy and procedures and ensure that all work is carried out to preset service levels
- Disciplined and professional attitude must be displayed at all times
- All communications via telephone, e mail, Facsimile etc. are to handle in a professional manner, as this reflects our company
- Ensure all areas of Finance (Vendor Invoices, Clearing Invoices) are handled/maintained to a 1st class standard and all queries are addressed and resolved as soon as possible
- Maximize profitability on all files handled as well as to be cost conscious at all times
- Credit check all files according to DSV policy and escalate irregularities where appropriate
- Ensure all filing, is done regularly, tidily and accurately
- To build close, strong relationships with all our Customers, DSV offices, Overseas agents and Service providers
- To identify areas of our business which require improvements i.e.: operational processes, cost control, customer service, attention to detail and work with your colleagues to resolve accordingly
- Provide 1st class customer service as well as pay attention to detail at all times
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your supervisor/manager
- Candidates should have 3 years freight forwarding experience, ideally in Sea Imports
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- To be prepared to learn all aspects of the team’s work with desire and ability to provide cover and assistance on a regular basis
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus with proactive attitude
- Candidate should process a desire to progress within the team demonstrating the ability to take on more responsibility in time.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.