- Salary offer ▵ $50,000 - $65,000 p/a
Our company is in search of a dynamic and personable multi-tasker who is driven by their own success, as well as the success of their team and the Company as a whole. If you can deliver a high quality of customer service and teamwork in an exciting and fast-paced environment, this may just be the perfect opportunity for you. The Freight Forwarder works closely with clients and internal team members in this key role which is the crux of our business.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Effectively schedule ocean and/or air bookings for Pharma / Cold Chain materials, simple and complex cargo shipments
- Ensure the complete and timely delivery of freight by attaining knowledge from clients in order to satisfy their needs and completing paperwork that meets stringent requirements
- Process data through the Company’s system and obtain releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility
- Be able to request, then negotiate, freight quotations to include details such as container capacities, packing dimensions and weights, coding, etc.
- In addition to basic math, be able to analyze numerical data, understand components and relationships, find patterns and draw conclusions
- Compose complex letters regarding issues and resolutions utilizing your ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports and organize, prepare and assemble documents
- Comprehend the full range of freight forwarding services: order management, movement scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
- Other duties related to the position / employment
- Freight Forwarding experience preferred
- Prior use of CargoWise One a plus
- Three years of experience in a role involving extensive client contact required
- Computer skills, including frequent prior use of MS Office products (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, etc.)
- Excellent math skills, along with the ability to calculate freight measurements, weight and convert to international units when necessary
- Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities
- Extreme attention to detail, including the ability to predict and circumvent issues before they occur and taking the proper corrective action
- Ability to be highly productive while keeping cool under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Atlanta