DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 90 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
- A two-week vacation accrual, paid floating holidays and paid sick time
- 401k with Fidelity Investments (with a generous Company match after one year of service)
- Medical with Aetna Inc (with a generous percentage of employee premium paid by DSV)
- Dental, vision, medical flexible-spending (FSA) plan
- Company-paid life insurance at 1x your annual pay
- Company-paid short and long-term disability
The primary duty of an Air Import Agent is to review and process air shipment transactions, including all related activities, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service for a large automotive customer. Serves as the primary contact for all parties concerning assigned account contracts. Performs all duties correctly, cost-efficiently and according to Company standards using the regular exercise of discretion and independent judgment. The best candidate for this position will possess excellent people skills, flexibility and enthusiasm as well as have excellent time management.
- Promote positive relationships by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties while monitoring the quality of service produced by the team.
- Ensure customers expectations are met and communicated appropriately
- Assist in establishing detailed procedures that properly represent import processes when necessary.
- Receive, review and process high-volume and/or complex import transactions for clients, including booking, billing, classifications, processing data through the Company’s system and obtaining consular releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate.
- Check shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that documentation correctly corresponds.
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Identify, investigate and resolve all areas of client concern in a timely and proactive manner.
- Alert client to special areas of concern or potential problems in the shipping process.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent education)
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Past customer service experience is required, as work entails extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the air import process.
- Utilization of negotiation skills in order to negotiate rates with vendors to secure the best value and best service to maximize profitability.
- Above average written communication skills to compose complex letters regarding issues and resolutions. Must have the ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports along with the ability to organize, prepare and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- Excellent analytical skills to recognize, circumvent and resolve problem situations.
- In addition to basic math, must be able to analyse numerical data and understand components and relationships, find patterns and draw conclusions.
- Ability to use Company-standard software for word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel) etc. in order to generate reports, charts and graphs as applicable.
- Ability to comprehend the full range of freight forwarding services: order management, movement scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
- 2-5 years of previous experience as an Import Agent/Freight Forwarder.
- 3 years of experience in a role involving extensive client contact.
- Prior use of CargoWise One software.
- Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Romulus