The primary duty of an Air Export Supervisor is the supervision of daily operations of the Air Export department. This requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance and the organization of the department to ensure excellent customer service and maintain profitability. Provide proactive customer service for all clients handled by department. Performs all duties correctly, cost-efficiently and according to Company standards. Encourage staff with training and positive guidance.
- Promote positive relationships by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties while monitoring the quality of service produced by the team.
- Provide responsible supervision and control for all department activities.
- Assist manager in establishing detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent export processes.
- Review and reconcile management and financial reports for department. Review profitability and growth of department regularly with upper management, working together to establish long and short-term business plans, objectives and goals for department.
- Identify, investigate and resolve all areas of client concern in a timely and proactive manner by monitoring team performance against Company and client standards, performing regular audits.
- Manage periodic process reviews for each client, maintaining performance statistics.
- Manage staff development through recruitment and training efforts. Appraise worker productivity and performance and recommend promotions or other status changes.
- Investigate and resolve all employee performance issues promptly.
- Adhere to all shipping and export regulations.
Job skills & specifications
- Three to five years experience in an export role.
- Past experience in management of staff and customer service is required, as work entails extensive contact with staff, clients, carriers and other parties concerning the air export process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, people and process management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to recognize, circumvent and resolve problem situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex matrix environment – must work well across multiple units across the Company.
- The ability to use Company-standard software (CargoWise One), word processing (Word) and spreadsheets (Excel) etc. in order to generate reports, charts and graphs as applicable.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Humble