- Salary offer ▵ DOE
The role is primarily to ensure timely and accurate processing of Import and Export data, in order to obtain clearance of cargoes clients, and to ensure all relevant parties are informed of the clearance.
You must also maintain a high level of customer service, and ensure a good relationship with clients, service companies and government departments, etc.
You must ensure confidentiality relating to the clients business.
- Receive and process paperwork, whether received by e-mail, fax or post, ensuring adequate information is available for performing Customs Clearance.
- Ensure that any Original documentation, required for Customs Clearance, is received and available to HM Revenue & Customs when requested.
- Ensure all current legislation is adhered to.
- Ensure that all the supplier’s invoices are entered into the system, and passed to accounts for payment.
- Ensure that any Taxes due to H M Revenue & Customs are either put onto the Clients own account, that funds are received prior to payment, and invoices are raised.
- Ensure that once a job is finished, that a sales invoice is raised
- Ensure that along with the accounts dept, that your clients are paying invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that credit is only given to clients who have approval.
- Ensure that you are conversant with all aspects of the requirements of the Office.
- Complete spreadsheets where required, using Excel to format the data
- Enter the information received into the companies system for processing the data, currently SCS Multi-freight, Government Gateway, DEFRA Peach system and e-Customs.
- Process the Customs clearance ensuring that any specific requirements given by the client are adhered to.
- Notify Clients of clearance, and update Port Systems as required
- Arrange any deliveries as requested, using approved hauliers and obtaining rates prior to booking.
- Ensure any monthly returns are completed within the required time period
- Raising invoices to clients as per agreed individual rates.
- Ensure files are kept in their respective location, and ensure that such files are available for inspection by clients or HM Revenue & Customs if required.
- Attend any relevant courses, seminars, demonstrations etc, that are instrumental in keeping up with the latest legislation needed to carry out the job.
General Office Administration
- Self-development and continuing personal development;
- Comply at all times with current Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies;
- Comply at all times with Employment Law requirements;
- Comply at all times with the organisation’s Security Policy;
- Comply at all times with QA procedures as laid down in the Company’s Quality Manual;
- Execute the responsibilities of the job role according to lawful and ethical standards;
- Salary competitive/dependent upon experience
- Company pension
- Monday to Friday
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ GBP
- Job town/city ▵ Liverpool/Sheerness