Are you a Freight Billing Specialist/Freight Auditor? Our Logistics Control Centre based in Birmingham is going from strength to strength and we now have an opportunity for a Freight Billing Specialist to join our growing team.
Our Freight Billing Specialists will be in charge of the client billing and supplier invoice validation process – these are important roles which play a vital part in contributing to the continued success of our Integrated Logistics business unit.
- Manage pre-invoice audit results, process through the system and deal with exception management and process – where shipments fail the pre-invoice audit. This is a key area and requires all sub-processes to be followed in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Recording data to support the process and provide analysis.
- Chasing and monitoring queries/exceptions to final resolution.
- Managing the relationship with the Logistics Service Provider (LSP), providing routine updates through reporting and calls; maintain regular communication with the customer and the LSP.
- Resolve complex billing queries that may require back billing, credit notes or re-invoicing and freight variation handling; provide audit evidence to the Customer upon request and provide clarification where required.
- Dealing with requests from the customer, taking ownership for communicating with all stakeholders (internal and external), managing process performance (invoice right first time) and providing an excellent customer experience.
- Validate and book supplier invoices, reconcile supplier billing against customer billing, manage payment statuses, misallocations and manage the Freight Invitation statement process and central billing (this includes overland/air and sea).
- Prepare ad-hoc reports in Excel to support the process and complete reporting requirements from both internal and external stakeholders – this could include spend and accrual reporting and working to deadlines to accommodate month end and create accruals. Monitor, understand and verify revenue / expense validations.
- Adhere to various guidelines for Good Distribution Practice (GDP), legal and sector specific standards / guidelines and customer specific operating procedures.
Your Skills and Experiences
- General finance, logistics or business administration experience would be ideal, as would experience in any freight audit or settlement activities.
- Advanced / excellent knowledge of MS office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to multi task and work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment is essential.
- Strong customer Service orientation and able to communicate clearly and effectively with an ability to build professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work on your own initiative in a team environment, sharing knowledge and experience to ensure a consistent approach as well as capability to work with, understand and execute new processes.
- Open to change in a forward thinking and fast paced working environment.
- An interest in working with transport management systems and statistical figures/data and an understanding of Customer Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Good understanding of customer quality standards, Good Distribution Practice and a respect for confidentiality and compliance regulations.
Good Reasons to Join
In return for your commitment, we are offering a fantastic opportunity within an amazing team (and business unit!) where you can use your excellent customer service and business administration skills to shape and influence the future of this growing business unit. In return for your commitment, we offer a competitive salary, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 25 after 5 years’ service). In addition, we offer a contributory pension plan, private medical insurance and life assurance and our Route 2 Rewards scheme offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street and internet goods and services.