Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 18,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
This role is loading and unloading trucks in a warehouse. Applicant must be very comfortable being on a truck and have experience strategically loading different kids of freight onto a truck, or pulling freight off of a 53″ truck. Must be able to use a tablet to scan your freight in or out of locations. Must be able to know how to strap down loads and to use racking inside trucks. Must be able to use computers to solve problems, or find freight. The warehouse is very full so you will need to have patience and a can-do attitude. The role also has to clean up around them before and after they load or unload trucks. General warehouse cleanliness and organization is required.
Looking for an applicant that has a great attitude and is a team player. The applicant will be required at times to come n early or stay late when needed and must have reliable transportation and a track record of great attendance and arriving to work on time. The applicant must have a clean safety record and understand the safety requirements of working on a lift and in the warehouse. The warehouse is no climate controlled.
Scope of position
- Loading and unloading trucks accurately
- Counts pieces and accounts for shipments per documentation.
- Reading documents and matching labels and destinations accurately.
- Accurate labelling of freight and putting it away accurately
- Be able to read labels and match numbers up.
- Moving cargo safely around the warehouse and be a safe forklift operator
- Must follow our documented processes.
- Must be able to lift at least 45 #, bend, and twist from time to time. Standing and walking are required.
- Education (preferred level) high school degree.
- At least one year driving a forklift and loading and unloading trailers (Stand up RC or Sit down). We mostly have stand up lifts.
- Must have excellent work habits. Must pass a background check, if applicable in state, region or geography. Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
Starting at $19.00 pay is based on experience and skills
- Hours/Days: Sunday-Thursday 6am-3pm with flexibility/OT required
- Paid Vacation (3 weeks),
- Standard Holidays off,
- Sick Time Accrued, (6 days)
- PTO days: 2 per year
- Floating holidays: 3 per year
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.