The ideal candidate for this position must have a positive attitude and be self-motivated while also taking direction from Management. Also required are excellent oral/written communication skills and a proven history of providing exceptional customer service at all levels. Our work environment is team oriented and very fast paced, therefore a strong candidate must have excellent organizational and time management skills in addition to a professional attitude that exemplifies the Expeditors culture.
Hours are 12:00 (Noon) to 9:00 PM and Overtime as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load trailers and ocean containers using tools/equipment for safe, efficient transport including but not limited to: Blocking/bracing, decking, Efficient load management
- Unload and receive freight including but not limited to: Count freight and compare to manifest & internal receiving documents, weigh freight, record/verify dimensions, stage/store freight, labeling, and other general receiving duties
- Utilization of scanning equipment.
- Maintain clean, organized, and secure work area
- Communicate across product teams regarding volumes and capacity needed
- Validating driver details for security
- Maximize warehouse space usage
We are currently unable to conduct onsite interviews at this time and all candidates will be asked to interview via an online video platform (Microsoft Zoom).
- Education (preferred level) high school degree.
- Desired experience (minimum level of direct experience in a similar position)
- Knowledge/ Skills: Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and write legibly. Must be capable of standing, walking, sitting for extended periods. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Basic US and Global geography knowledge is a plus
- Must have basic computer skills including: typing, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, operate handheld tablets and scanners, and ability to learn and operate within multiple Expeditors’ proprietary operating systems
- Special Requirements: Must have excellent work habits. Must pass a background check, if applicable in state, region or geography. Must be familiar with warehouse operations.
- Fork-lift certification will be provided
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program