Lead the Fleet Safety function in their supported region. Provide expert knowledge and guidance to Operations locations to assist them in their Fleet Safety and regulatory compliance efforts. As directed, responsible for research and development in the areas of fleet safety initiatives, risk analysis, and development of programs, policies, and processes for the reduction of fleet accidents, injuries, and maintenance of regulatory compliance within the supported region. Manage implementation of safety initiatives and programs. Assist the Director of Fleet Safety & Compliance in developing policies, procedures, and programs to achieve fleet accident/injury reduction and maintain regulatory compliance.
What are you going to do?
- Develop and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Develop procedures for and manage fleet accident and injury prevention activities/efforts.
- Develop regional accident/injury prevention programs through use of trends identified in accident reports and historical analysis.
- Monitor reports of accidents and injuries.
- Regulatory & Policy Compliance.
- Maintain Risk Analysis Program.
- Participate in investigation of serious accidents.
- Provide technical guidance, expertise and assistance to on-site personnel.
- Build System Safety awareness and orientation throughout the Company.
- Perform related organizational development activities.
- Develop procedures for Special Projects and maintain related records.
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum of eight years of progressive safety management experience, including two years of specialized commercial transportation work.
- Advanced knowledge of Commercial Motor Vehicle accident and injury prevention principles & techniques, DOT and OSHA regulatory compliance.
- Professional Transportation Safety Certification (e.g.: CDS), CDL experience.
- Extensive knowledge in all areas of Fleet Safety, accident/injury prevention and regulatory compliance expertise (DOT & OSHA).
- Proficient written, verbal and email communication skills. Proficient report and presentation development skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel. Strong analytical skills. Ability to work independently and make decisions. Ability to use online systems and databases. Professional written and communication skills. Leadership working with operations management, and capable of communicating across all levels of the organization. Able to function and lead in a matrix organization.
What do we have to offer?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Houston