Position Description Summary
Overall responsibilities for the finance function for the assigned location(s), which may include satellite warehouse(s). Provide professional, accurate, relevant, and timely analysis and reporting to support Operations and Regional Management in setting and meeting company objectives. Handle, and lead improvement of, financial elements related to budgeting, forecasting, contract compliance, payroll, purchasing, payables, invoicing, and month end close and reporting processes.
- Complete the month end closing for assigned location(s). Identify appropriate accruals and create journal entries with supporting back up. Prepare and present financial results and gap analysis to Operations and Regional Management, as well as Corporate personnel.
- Serve as resident finance expert and leader in interactions with customer(s) regarding pricing and invoicing, along with supporting data. Prepare and submit periodic invoices and rebates in conjunction with appropriate fiscal calendars.
- Oversee the gathering of data for preparation of monthly financial reporting and other management reporting.
- Create, present, analyse, and reconcile budgets, periodic forecasts, and weekly flash reporting as needed.
- Provide periodic and ad hoc financial reporting combining data from ERP systems, worksheets and manual collection sources.
- Create, interpret, and communicate periodic labour productivity reporting and metrics.
- Liaise and effectively communicate with the HR team regarding accurate position/task coding of employees in eTime.
- Assist operations management by providing efficient tools, reports, and processes for their use to ensure proper labour categorization
- Partner with temporary staffing agency to ensure coordinated communication and processing of contractor hours, pay/bill rates, and invoice processing. Resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement projects that improve and/or automate current processes.
- Responsible for carrying out supervisory duties such as training, setting expectations, and evaluating performance of staff.
- Review, code, and transmit A/P invoices for payment processing. Work with appropriate parties to ensure accurate, timely receipts and resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assignment Complexity – Work on problems and issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develop and administer budgets, schedules, and performance requirements.
Impact of Decisions – Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in additional costs and personnel, and serious delays in overall schedules.
Working Relationships – Frequently interact and develop productive relationships with subordinates, customers, and/or functional peer managers. Will interact with senior management. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
Scope – Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Ad-hoc reporting and analysis with potential of new business scope of work.
Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge & Skills
- 4-year Accounting/Finance Certificate/Degree strongly preferred. CPA, and/or MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance required. Manufacturing and/or distribution industry preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required. Proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint desired.
- ERP software experience (SAP) helpful.
- Good understanding of Company P&L, Balance Sheet, Lease vs. Buy, Accruals, and other analysis and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills required.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Dallas