Essential duties & responsibilities
- Act as the single point of contact for Hellmann solutions and service sales across all Product areas, especially Air Freight and Ocean Freight, within the assigned territory and customer base.
- Aggressively obtain new local customers through sales “hunting” activity, developing relationships, and correctly assessing the prospective account in order to secure business.
- Build customer portfolio in alignment with the needs and capabilities of the local branch Product and Operations Leaders.
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing CRM daily (required).
- Conduct mutually agreed Quarterly Business Reviews with the customer and maintain close/ongoing communication with customer and Hellmann Operations to assure expectations are satisfied.
- Report to management regularly on market development and customer trends and activities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu oan f educational requirement.
- Requires a minimum of 4-5 years field sales in freight forwarding or two years of operational experience.
- Experience with logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Knowledge of CRM systems a plus, basic PC knowledge along with Microsoft Office applications experience is a minimum.
- Strong written and oral professional communication skills.
- Customer relations experience required
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must.
- Must be an ambitious self-starter who can be flexible in the face of ambiguity
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills are critical
- Ability to travel in-territory 50% or more and valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, skills & attributes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Resourceful, collaborative attitude and a willingness to learn and try new things
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to a changing customer and business environment and remain professional in communication and demeanor when situations becoming challenging or tense.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as customer service acumen
- Enjoy helping others, act as part of a team, and solve problems/provide solutions
- Possess an acute attention to detail and developed organization skills
- Possess strong time management and prioritization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet – proficiency with Excel required.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Edison