- Salary offer ▵ £28k-£35k
Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, the primary goal is providing excellent customer service to our customers and overseas partners. This includes requests and follow up on any potential business opportunities received from them and or new opportunities provided via our commercial team. Managing and processing Export jobs from quotation to delivery, including costing and invoicing and completing all HMRC Customs Clearance requirements for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Prioritise your workflow to ensure all aspects of work are carried out in a timely manner.
- Work closely with your colleagues to ensure we maintain the highest possible operational performance and customer service.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and suppliers assisting in resolving any concerns and implementing any corrective action.
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with overseas partners.
- Ensure all consignments are loaded onto a system prior to departure either manually or via EDI checking accuracy of paperwork and information provided.
- All pre alert documentation must be forwarded to overseas partners within five days of shipped in board.
- Ensure you have all the relevant information and instructions from customers to complete custom clearance on exports to allow release of cargo.
- Provide Transport Companies with all the relevant information to ensure customer collection requirements are met.
- Ensure all files are costed and invoiced prior to export.
- Liaise with customers and colleagues to ensure all customer spreadsheets and special instructions are followed.
- Identify and provide early warning to your direct line manager, on any issues and problems that could have an adverse effect on deadlines. If not available, escalate up the line and inform the sales manager shown on the account.
- Take ownership of all accounting issues and queries as and when directed by management.
- Assist with insurance claims in line with company procedures as and when requested by management.
- Ensure all Customer SOP’s/SLA’s are followed at all times.
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in USA Export Formalities (Desirable but not essential)
- Experience in consolidation services (Desirable but not essential)
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance the APGL profile
- Possess team player qualities
- Able to plan ahead
- Able to promote the APGL corporate culture
- Computer literate
If this role is of interest please do contact Chloe Blunden at Headford Group. Chloe@headfordgroup.com