- Salary offer ▵ Circa $48,000 - $60,000
Export Customer Service Specialist in Charlotte, NC
Salary: Circa $48,000 – $60,000
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, 401K PTO: vacation, sick, all major holidays
Job Summary: As an Export Operations Customer Service Specialist you will be responsible for the movement of export shipments as well as providing best-in-class customer service. Both air and ocean positions are available.
Company: Our client is a global freight forwarder based in Charlotte, NC with offices around the globe. They are currently expanding their presence in the USA.
- Build the most effective transportation plan.
- Secure rates.
- Place bookings with carriers.
- Monitor carriers’ and terminals’ schedules.
- Secure drayage carriers and communicating critical deadlines to them.
- Schedule loadings and monitor completion.
- Meet documentation deadlines.
- Prepare pre-alerts.
- Monitor all milestones with shippers, carriers, and customers.
- Support sales efforts with timely responses to rate requests.
- Provide the accounting department with proper and correct billing information.
- Maintain SOP and companies’ policies.
- Evaluate risks and provide Insurance
- Keep customers up to date with the progress.
- Manage all processes to ensure client satisfaction.
- CargoWise experience
- Customer service experience
- 2 years of freight forwarding experience minimum
- Ocean and/or Air Export experience
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Etc.)
- DG Certification
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD