- Salary Offer DOE
Our Client is currently seeking an exceptional individual to develop further their freight forwarding, brokerage and value added services in the USA. This individual is required to develop and deploy best-in-class processes to drive the ongoing transition from a previously brokerage focused business into a fully functional logistics provider. This is a high-profile role within the Group company and requires a candidate with deep competence in logistics, brokerage and forwarding disciplines. The individual will work locally with the management team to develop initiatives to grow the business, as well as to develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality of service, and efficiency of operations. The position reports to the main board of the Company.
- Oversees all aspects of operation including operations, sales and finance.
- Supports business development and to drive sales to grow the footprint of the company.
- Develops and maintains processes and document structure required for compliance with U.S. and international customs agencies, laws and regulations
- Establishes and measures internal and external KPIs, applies statistical methods and drives staff performance consistently within each department.
- Investigates root cause of problems as they arise and leads corrective action for customer complaints or queries regarding service levels
- Works closely with the team to improve supplier performance, purchasing costs, credit terms and overall profitability of the business.
- Overall Budgeting and P&L responsibility for the region
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Logistics, or related discipline (preferable but not essential)
- Knowledge of Cargowise (preferable but not essential)
- Experience managing import/export compliance, ocean & air freight carriers, consolidators, and domestic transportation carriers; demonstrated proficiency working with local or national industry/regulatory boards
- Experience setting up and managing third party warehouse providers, East Coast, West Coast and Midwest regions of USA
- Excellent negotiations skills
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of building successful teams
- Good business acumen and analytical mindset; able to comprehend financial models of the business and able to think and act strategically in the interests of the whole business
- Creative, flexible, and collaborative in approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing at all levels
- Ability to work effectively as part of the local team but also as part of a larger privately owned company with a network of offices across Europe, Middle East and Far East
- Attractive salary and benefits package, negotiable
How To Apply
If You are Interested in this position contact Sunny at the Headford Group USA LTD:
Alternatively call: +1-646-915-1495