You will be responsible for arranging and monitoring shipments by road services mainly focusing on our core European services, liaising with suppliers and partners to deliver a high level of service to our clients so their expectations are met and where possible exceeded.
- Maintain and develop relationships with customers.
- Meet deadlines and requirements of customers and your colleagues.
- Monitor supplier performance.
- Good file management and attention to detail.
- Prepare and send quotations in accordance with the customers request.
- Book vehicles with sub-contractors in accordance with the requirements.
- Complete required consignment documentation.
- Complete import or export customs documentation.
- Ensure correct export documentation is produced depending on country of destination and the status of the goods.
- Charge and invoice all files within appropriate time lines.
- Assist colleagues during absences and annual leave cover.
- Formal review (through performance review and one to one meetings)
- Monitoring of client quotations
- Invoicing through monthly data
Skills, experience and behaviours
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the Freight Forwarding industry would be desirable
- Experience of FCL would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Ability to build relationships and work as an integral part of the team.
- Salary currency ▵ GBP
- Job town/city ▵ Essex