Heywood OL10 2SX (Lancashire)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure the efficient and profitable planning and operation of all our Global full loads, part loads and groupage consignments.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To plan and operate all full loads, part loads and groupage imports and exports.
- Take and complete all bookings as per customer requirements.
- Negotiate all rates to the benefit of the business.
- Monitor all movements to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Liaise with agents, customers, suppliers and subcontractors on a daily basis to ensure all deliveries/collections are actioned in a timely manner and in line with customer requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is completed in line with customer requirements and legislation ie POD’s, Manifests, Dangerous Goods Notices, Customs documentation etc.
- To deliver excellent customer service to all our clients and improve upon them on an ongoing basis including ensuring that customer KPI requirements are met.
- Assist colleagues in providing cover with other roles within the department as and when reasonably requested by your Manager.
- Ensure the protection and good care of all the Company’s assets, equipment, materials and intellectual property and that there is no misappropriation of any by the job holder.
- Adhere to all Company policies & procedures relating to Health & Safety, Quality Control, Human Resources, operational etc.
- Undertake any other duties to the benefit of the Company as reasonably requested by your Manager.
- Show commercial awareness in all tasks that you undertake ensuring maximum profitability.
- Relationships with others – demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude towards others. Behave in an honest, open and trustworthy manner.
- Teamwork – Work effectively as part of a team and contribute positively to building a team spirit. Share information, knowledge, ideas and experiences freely with others. Involve yourself with team principles that continuously endeavour to achieve quality, improvement & high performance.
- Communicate in a professional manner with external and internal contacts.
- Customer Service – deliver excellent customer service. Have an appreciation of what customers want and continuously strive to meet their expectations within the confines of the role.
- Health and Safety – work safely within Health and Safety and environmental guidelines and insist that others do the same.
- Job Performance – Achieve work targets and show willing to take on additional tasks/responsibilities. Contribute positively to performance management reviews to continuously develop. Demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and commitment.
SPECIFIC WORK BASED SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Conscientious worker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team and be a ‘team player’
- Possess an adept ability to prioritise workload
- Show proficiency and a good knowledge of European planning/freight forwarding.
- Have excellent geographical knowledge.
- Have excellent IT skills and be methodical in your approach.
SPECIFIC PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Mature and Responsible
- Self Motivated
- Reliable and Punctual
- Offer flexibility in line with business demands
- Well Presented at all times
- Positive attitude towards work/colleagues
- Good sense of humour