Are you known for your excellent driving skills? Are you passionate about safety? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to operate heavy and tractor-trailer GVW capacity trucks of over 26,000 pounds to transport cargo to and from various destinations (customer locations, airline, trucking terminals.) Because safety is important to you, we can count on you to drive in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and DOT regulations.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Act as a messenger for the company and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Operate vehicle to transport materials to and from specified destinations in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with State and Federal DOT regulations and all Transportation Security Administration requirements.
- Be a protector of company equipment and freight, keeping it safe from damage, theft or tampering.
- Oversee the safety of cargo and unit to ensure it is properly secured and safe, verifying cargo is correct and in good condition and checking delivery documentation for accuracy.
- Load freight onto the truck using a forklift and pallet jack, and utilize load locks, straps, covers, etc. to ensure that freight will be delivered in good condition at final destination. Unload freight from truck utilizing proper equipment.
- May reload or unload trailer via refinery or storage tank.
- Oversee the reporting of any irregularities related to the pick-up and/or delivery of the cargo (i.e. damage, shortage, customer complaints, customer requests).
- Maintain radio contact or communication with dispatch office and promptly report all delays due to weather conditions, breakdowns, accidents or any other emergencies.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year verifiable CDL Class A or B driving experience in the industry and in type of vehicle to be driven;
- Minimum 5 years industry driving experience may be substituted for a high school diploma or GED.
- Some positions require experience with transporting fuel over the road and fueling locomotives as well as railroad industry experience.
- Valid state issued Class C Driver’s License issued by the driver’s home state of residence.
- Some positions require a Class B license. Must have hazardous materials endorsement;
- Acceptable driving record as defined by DOT regulations, TSA regulations and Company policy.
- Must meet the physical requirements established by the DOT and have, or be able to provide a current valid medical card;
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Card as needed.
- E Rail clearance is required for some positions;
- Forklift Driver Certification.
- DOT Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials Certification. Must be bondable.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (how about sales or supply chain?) or find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.