Are you known for your leadership skills? Are you passionate about coordinating efficient outbound warehouse operations? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to supervise all activities on the outbound dock.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times. Promote positive relationship with clients by providing excellent customer service.
- Plan the daily work schedule by reviewing existing work orders, arrival notices and instructions from customers. Assess priorities based on time sensitivity and available resources. Assign duties appropriate to warehouse staff.
- Review pending jobs or trends, plan for reorganization of warehouse space, and needed changes in levels of supplies, equipment or staffing needs.
- Train new staff in assigned duties, and quality management activities or delegate training responsibilities to experienced specialist. Assign selective supervisory tasks as needed to experienced specialists acting as leads for lower level warehouse staff. Monitor quality and quantity of jobs performed throughout the day, providing advice and guidance as necessary.
- Oversee progress on problem resolution. Keep manager advised of progress or problems requiring attention on a daily basis.
- Hold regular meetings with warehouse staff to assess group’s overall status. Provide responsible supervision and control for all department activities. Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within the department and address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies of the company.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree in International Business, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Finance or related discipline or equivalent combination of work experience and education, preferred. Minimum four years related experience; Minimum three years of industry experience, preferred. Minimum one year of supervisory or management experience. Proven knowledge and experience in dock operations.
- Credentials: Valid state issued Driver’s License; Forklift Driver Certification. Ability to drive and or operate a forklift, hand truck and pallet jack. DOT Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Certification.
- Skills: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Characteristics: Ability to plan work for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively participates in and/or supervises department projects related to assigned area of responsibility.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (how about sales or supply chain?) or find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.